Saturday, April 9th at 10:30 a.m….
Join the Abilene Preservation League for a first-ever bicycle tour of historic places near downtown Abilene. For years we’ve offered walking tours, but using bikes allows us to cover more ground. You can make a reservation here, or call or email us directly for more information.
The entire route is about 3.5 miles, although we will swing back by the starting place after about 2.5 miles, and continue for those who want to tour the SoDA (South Downtown Abilene) district.
Some information you need to know:
- Helmets are required for all riders.
- All minors must be accompanied by a parent, also riding.
- All riders and parents responsible for minors must sign a waiver before riding.
- Your bike should be in ridable shape. If you have not ridden your bike since the beginning of this year, you need to stop by Biketown and ask them to perform a free mechanical check. (If something needs fixing, you may incur a charge.)
- Representatives from the Abilene Police bike patrol will be riding with us.
To see the route, click here
To sign up (reservations required), go to http://www.bigdaybikeride.eventbrite.com
Any other questions, please call us! 325-676-3775 or 325-829-0617.