This is the place for the latest info about the property in Abilene at 101 Oak Street. On February 20th the building suffered a disastrous fire. The remaining North wall was pushed over into the ruins by the city due to public safety concerns.
We (the Abilene Preservation League) are collecting inquiries and forwarding them on to the owners. If you came by on Saturday the 25th and spoke to us about your interest in a particular piece of salvage, your interest has already been forwarded to the owner. If you have a question currently, please email us and we will forward to the owner.
In the interim, please note the following:
- The site is in the process of being secured. A fence is going up today.
- Nothing may be removed from the site without the permission of the owner.
- If you are interested in a quantity of brick, please do email us and state the quantity, whether you have the capability to clean and transport them, and other details.
- Please do not cross the foundation wall or walk on top of any piles of brick and debris that may be at the site, whether on the sidewalk or not. Safety is paramount.
- If you have an inquiry that is about something other than brick such as the iron grilles that protected the basement windows: Most were preserved and removed to a safe place. It may be some time before it is known whether they will be available or not for sale.
Any announcements will be posted here as soon as they are available. Thank you to all who came on Saturday Feb. 25th to help start the clean-up. We appreciate your help!